Shine.FM/Olivet Nazarene University
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Compliance
It is the policy of Olivet Nazarene University to prohibit the unauthorized reproduction of copyright protected materials in any medium. In addition to other policies, all students, faculty, and staff are expected to adhere to the provisions and regulations outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy which governs the use of digital technologies on campus. Section 12.1.4 of the Acceptable Use Policy specifically addresses digital piracy violations.
NOTICE TO COPYRIGHT OWNERS:
If you believe that content available on or through this site (“Website”) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please send our Copyright Agent by mail, email or fax a notification (“Notification”) providing the information described below. A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted the material addressed in the Notification.
Pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages and attorneys’ fees if you make any material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure whether content located on or accessible via a link from the Website infringes your copyright, you should contact an attorney.
All Notifications should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications should be sent to:
Network & Telecommunications Engineer
One University Ave.
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
NOTICE TO REPEAT INFRINGERS OF THE DMCA POLICY:
The University will terminate a user’s access to our systems if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Since all faculty, staff, and student positions require access to our systems in order to complete duties and obligations, termination of access due to repeat infringement can have serious consequences to employment or continued enrollment.